We can help you recover your debt and are able to operate on a fixed-fee basis for undisputed debt matters, meaning that you know in advance, exactly what you will pay to recover a debt.
- For debt up to £5,000 – £750 + VAT
- For debt of £5,000 and over – £1,125 + VAT
- For debts over £10,000 up to £100,000 – £1,500 + VAT
The fees apply where the proposed claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not required. If the claim is disputed, then we will provide you with revised information on costs.
The above fees are based on an hourly charging rate of £250.
On occasions, the fees will need to be revised if the case is more complex and/or circumstances change during the course of the claim.
An example of the work included in the fees set out above: –
- Taking initial instructions and considering relevant documents
- Advising and agreeing way forward
- Pre-action correspondence (sending a Letter Before Action)
- If no recovery is made, drafting and issuing a claim (and drafting Particulars of Claim, if necessary)
- If no recovery is made before a Defence is received or if Judgment in Default is not obtained, taking instructions and agreeing next steps
Any work required outside of the above steps, will be charged at the solicitor’s hourly rate, plus VAT.
When a claim is issued in order to recover a debt, court fees are payable. Please see detailed information attached. There is no VAT payable on court fees.
It is sometimes necessary to enforce a Judgment against your debtor. If this does become necessary, we will take further instructions and agree any additional charges with you in advance, which we will seek to add to the debt where possible. There are a number of different ways to enforce a Judgment and successful enforcement is dependent upon the financial circumstances of the debtor and therefore further instructions in respect of costs will be on a case by case basis.
You are responsible for any disbursements that need to be incurred, including any fees to Counsel or County Court bailiff fees and enquiry agent reports in respect of enforcement.
We reserve the right to revise the fees above upon receipt and consideration of the papers.