Areas of Expertise
- Purchase and sale of companies
- Shareholder Agreements
- Cross border transactions
- International Trade
- Company secretarial
- Partnership law
- General Commercial agreements
- Terms and Conditions of supply and sale
- Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Intellectual Property
- Advised on sale of UK holding company with a number of subsidiaries in Asia with the purchaser represented by a leading American law firm.
- Advised international clients on a joint venture for the development and application of a device for the transmission of data in the retail sector using software owned by each of the parties. The other party to the joint venture was Eastern European and represented by a Silver Circle law firm. All the transaction documents were under English law.
- Advised on the purchase of a lettings agency business.
- Advised an estate agency on franchise arrangements for the set-up of regional offices, including the preparation of a form of shareholders’ agreement and franchise agreement.
- Acted for purchasers in a management buy-out of a window installation company.
- Acted in the sale of a company holding development land for several million pounds.
“James MacDonald of Stone Rowe Brewer continues to be a great lawyer to work with. We are building a very nice relationship with James, who is just so pragmatic and on the ball. He is a perfect corporate lawyer to work with in supporting litigation, and we are happy to put his name forward.”