Powers of Attorney
Powers of Attorney are documents where the person making the document (the Donor) authorises someone else (the Attorney) to carry out transactions on his/her behalf and on his/her instructions.
There are several different Powers of Attorney and we will advise you on the most appropriate type, depending on your circumstances and need.
Lasting Powers of Attorney should be made when a Donor is well and able to carefully consider who he/she would want to make decisions for them if they could not make the decisions themselves due to ill health or old age. There are two types of LPAs:
- Property and Financial Affairs LPAs
- Health and Welfare LPAs
We will give you guidance on who to appoint as a good Attorney and we will prepare and complete the appropriate LPA and deal with the notification and registration on your behalf.
We can assist you with:
- Preparing and finalising your Powers of Attorney
- Advising on capacity and when a doctor’s certificate is necessary
- Advising an Attorney who is using an LPA
- Supporting an Attorney who is managing a Donor’s financial/property affairs
- Registering an Enduring Power of Attorney
- The use of The SRB Trustee Company Limited as an Attorney
Useful Guides, Information and Downloads
Lasting Powers of Attorney
What if you do not have a health and welfare LPA
What if you do not have a Property and finance LPA
Personal Representatives Guide
Transferable Nil Rate Band – Basic Information
The Importance of Making a Will
The SRB Trustee Company Limited Leaflet