Expertise & Experience
Liz acted for the claimant in the landmark case of Holloway v Optical Express, in which damages of £587,983.19 were awarded when the court found that the claimant had not given informed consent for the laser eye surgery procedure she had undergone.
- £1.25 million for a quadriplegic who had a congenital abnormality of the skull known as platybasia. Decompression surgery to arrest the condition was delayed by two years.
- £120,000 for the estate of a mother who died aged 54, following a late diagnosis of lung cancer.
- £400,000 for the estate of a man who died aged 33, following a failure to treat high blood pressure.
- £500,000 for the negligent repair of a bowel prolapse, resulting in nerve damage.
- £70,000 for a biliary injury sustained during an elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- £25,000 for the parents of a child who died aged 11 hours following complications at birth.
Liz has specialised in litigation throughout her career. She was a partner with the media firm, Peter Carter Ruck and Partners. She is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.